Are you heading for some tee time? Forget about your T-shirts and instead wear the right polo shirt. Use this guide when shopping.
What is the Best Fabric for Polo Shirts?
Polo manufacturers these days use a variety of materials. Some have merino wool, while others utilize cotton. Many mix synthetic and natural fibers, while others are a combination of spandex and polyester.
One of the best fabrics for Golf Polo shirts is Jersey knit. It possesses some of the best features of its raw materials:
• Cotton, which makes it more breathable
• Wool, which helps to trap the heat
• Synthetic, which provides the fabric more stretch and flexibility than woven polo shirts
Jersey knit fabrics are also moisture-wicking. It means it draws moisture such as sweat away from the body and into the clothing. This way, sweat evaporates more quickly. It also assists the human body regulate temperature better.
How about the Length and Style of the Polo Shirts?
Shops carry different sizes and styles. It can be overwhelming, but you can narrow down your choices by focusing on the essentials:
• Collar – Find a structured design, which means it is crisp to the touch. You can pull it up when your neck needs more protection from the sun.
• Length of Sleeves – Can you wear long-sleeved shirts on the golf course? Yes, but it is not the most comfortable to wear. Keep in mind that your arms and hands should be free to move.
The ideal Golf Polo shirts for men have sufficient arm sleeves with tips that rest near the elbow. They should not be tight that they limit the movement of your upper arms and shoulders as you work to improve your swings with a sturdy Golf Practice Net. You know you have the right size when the upper seams align with your shoulder blades.
• Length of the Polo – Polo shirts for golf courses is ideally long. You can tuck or untuck them depending on the occasion. If you are playing for a charity event or with business partners, tucking them gives you a more polished, professional look.
However, it should not be incredibly long as it makes you appear bigger, or the shirt may wear you down when it is untucked. The ideal length is one that is about an inch or two, lower than your waistline.
• Color and Design – Polo shirts are available in many colors, so take your pick. If you want the classic look, white is your best bet. If you like to stand out from the crowd, choose bolder shades such as pink, green, or blue.
You may also shop for themed or printed polo shirts, which are great when you are into casual playing.
Just find polo shirts that do not reflect light and come with UV-resistant feature for extra sun protection.
You do not need to be a professional to dress right in the golf course. With the best polo shirt, you will enjoy the purest golf moments even if you are a spectator. The best polo shirt for tee time provides you with sun protection, flexibility, and movement.