Your shoes and socks play a vital role in creating the first impression on the other person. Therefore, make sure that you know how exactly you can enhance your style and fashion quotient using your socks and shoes in the best possible way.
To start with, remember, if you wear a crazy pair of socks, the shoes should be simpler. Therefore, wear neutral-colored footwear with fishnet sock, sparkly sock, sheer sock, or a patterned sock. If the shoe has heels, make sure it is un-detailed. Alternately, if the shoes are crazier, simpler musty be the sock. Use neutral-colored pair of socks such as gray, black, white, or tan. Other things to remember are:
- If you wear a sock with an open-toed sandal, it must be flat or with slight heels. It must be sleek and clean with no straps.
- If you do a bolder sock with an open-toed shoe, it must show your leg only a little bit.
- Wearing sock with a mini skirt will ask for a flat shoe.
If you want a sporty and sneaker look, go for a neutral sock, and if you wish to wear a below-the-ankle sneaker, go for a cropped cut sock. Generally, the thinner the sock, then better go for streamlined pairs.
Essential Types of Socks to Have
Usually, there are two types of socks that every woman should have in her wardrobe. These types of socks are not only a standard accessory but are also essential from the needs-must perspective. These socks will not make your legs look stumpy, irrespective of the shape of it or the length of the pair of socks.
- Ankle-length socks are the first and most common type of socks that you should have in your wardrobe. You can style well with these and make the sock and shoe combo look most elegant. Just try a pair of sheer socks with pretty heels or flats and see how you improve your ladylike look.
- Cotton-blend socks are also essential keeps for women who want to look fashionable and trendy. It can be anything from striped stretch to long-length socks. Just make sure that you stock bold colors as well that match with other things in your outfit.
Here is one expert tip from https://babeappeal.com/. Wearing long length socks does not necessarily mean you will always need to roll it up to your knees when you wear. You can roll it down to give it a trendier look as well.
Colorful Socks for Women
Women’s outfits and accessories are essentially colorful, even their socks. It is, therefore, an essential component of a woman’s wardrobe. However, there are a few specific ways to wear colorful socks, such as a kaleidoscopic pair of socks. This will ensure that you bring out the beauty of it and enhance your style as well.
- Short skirts with printed socks: These are a right combination even when you wear denim clothes. If the skirt is above your knees, it will make your look extravagantly impressive with the prints of the socks adequately highlighted. Try it with an exciting pair of shoes.
- Knee-high springs that you can pull off easily with a matching scarf and make you look wonderful.
You can also try out a couple color coordination, all black with stripes, a plain tee and knee-highs, and even yellow top and yellow socks. All these combinations will make you stand out at your work or a party as well.
Choosing the Right Type of Socks
You will need to select the right type and combination of sock to pair with your shoes. There are a few specific things that you should consider while doing so, such as:
- Consider the sweat factor because if you do not, it will damage your footwear as well as your feet.
- Always use socks of good quality and material with perfect stitch so that you do not feel uncomfortable while walking wearing them.
- If you are wearing boots, do a pair of high socks that will transform your outfit and make your personality shine.
- If you wear rubber boots on a rainy day, you will need to make sure that your feet stay warm, dry, and comfortable. Therefore, wear a cushioned crew sock that has a quick-drying ability for more comfort.
- If you want to be more stylish and visible, you can wear knee socks with ankle-high boots but make sure that the sock is visible no more than 2 to 3 inches over the top of the ankle boot.
- If you want to keep your socks hidden, use a no-show sock with casual sneakers.
If you are into sports, make sure that the socks do not slip, are comfortable and absorbs sweat to keep your feet free from any fungal or bacterial infection.
Make it the Perfect Accessory
Ideally, a pair of socks can be the ideal fashion accessory. Since every year, there are so many fashion trends that come up and go away you may find it difficult to match. Still, you will have to because your socks can define the pattern as well as the outfit that you are wearing.
There are so many stylish and feminine ways in which you can pair them and be fashion-forward most effectively. Apart from the color and pattern, you can choose from a wide range of socks such as:
- A thermal pair
- A woolen pair
- A cozy pair and much more.
Styling your shoes with a pair of socks is your choice, and the options seem to be endless. Right from fringe socks to bold-colored ones, you can wear almost anything with a pair of sandals, pumps, or boots. Just make sure that it is versatile and makes a bold statement when you walk.
Over the Knee Socks
Lastly, over the knee socks are in fashion now and are no more for the school girls. Just wear it properly to add spice to your ordinary outfit. You can make it shorter to hold up and stop over the knee.
The best way to wear these socks is over sheer tights or on their own. However, it looks equally good with shorts or miniskirts.