Holle makes organic baby food in Demeter quality. The company was founded in 1933 and has uncompromisingly rejected chemical processing and preservatives from the very beginning.
Holle products are sold in more than 40 countries. For the last 35 years Holle baby food has been available, not only in Switzerland and Germany, but also in specialist shops throughout Europe and online worldwide.
Difference between Holle’s Cow’s Milk Formula and Holle’s Goat’s Milk Formula
The organic goat’s milk from Holle is a well-known alternative to cow’s milk formulas. Goat’s and cow’s milk have many similarities, but there are certain cow’s milk proteins that are not in goat’s milk. This means that some infants who have sensitivity to cow’s milk may be able to tolerate goat’s milk-based formula.
Holle goat milk formula also has less sugar than cow’s milk formulas. This formula can be used as a supplement to breast milk or on its own. It’s also been researched that goat’s milk is easier and quicker to digest for babies compared to cow’s milk.
This formula is a complete source of nutrition suitable right from the birth. It might resolve symptoms of digestive comfort such as constipation, gas, and cramps; as it contains both organic lactose and organic maltodextrin, as well as a blend of organic vegetable oils. All ingredients are naturally blended and regulated under strict EU organic certifications. This formula provides all the vitamins and minerals babies need to grow up healthy.
Furthermore, all of the Holle organic baby formulas, including goat’s milk, are free of hormones, steroids, antibiotics, chemicals, sugars, and GMOs. You will never see artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners in their products. Holle is rich in Vitamin D for bone health and calcium absorption, and both Vitamin A and C to promote a healthy immune system. All of this being said, Holle is one of the best organic goat milk baby formulas.
Main reasons to choose Holle’s Goat’s Milk Formula over Holle’s Cow’s Milk
Formula (or any other cow’s milk formula)
- Easier to digest – when your baby has trouble digesting the cow’s milk protein, switching to goat milk might be perfect solution. Goat milk formula generally forms a softer, looser, and smaller curd once it reaches the gut, making it easier to digest for your little one.
- High in minerals and vitamins – compared to cow’s milk, goat milk naturally contains higher levels of certain vitamins which are important for development and growth. This includes vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium and calcium.
- Similar to breastmilk – While cow milk formula is more popular, goat milk is considered to be closer to human milk in some respects, especially in regards to oligosaccharides. Two types of oligosaccharides – fucosylated and sialylated – are most heavily present in the goat milk formula. Oligosaccharides act as prebiotics, making digestion easier due to healthy gut flora.
Holle’s Goat Milk Formula Stages
- Holle Goat Milk Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- Holle Goat Milk Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months +
- Holle Goat Milk Stage 3 – Great for babies from 10 months +
- Holle Goat Dutch Milk Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- Holle Goat Dutch Milk Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months +
- Holle Goat Dutch Milk Stage 3 – Great for babies from 10 months +
If your baby is allergic to cow’s milk or has problems digesting cow’s milk-based formulas, we recommend trying out Holle goat milk formula.
Holle offers two different options for goat’s milk formula and has three different stages to cover all ages and help your baby with all of their nutritional needs, while keeping them cute and happy.